Home Savings Bank Security Commitment
Home Savings Bank is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality, most comprehensive online banking tools. To help us deliver these services to you, we have selected partners and service providers who are well-established industry leaders with proven track records. We are committed to making your online banking experience convenient and secure and providing the best customer service possible when you need assistance.
Home Savings Bank Email Procedures
Home Savings Bank does not email customers to request financial information unless you have contacted Home Savings Bank first. If you currently use Home Savings Bank's online banking service, remember that no one from the bank will ever initiate a call or email requesting your password. If you receive any requests for personal or financial information or you suspect an attempt at phishing, report them immediately to our Security Officer at 608.282.6000 or 800.282.5115 .
Links To Other Sites
Home Savings Bank's website may contain external links to other sites on the internet. These links are provided for your convenience. Links to another site are not an approval or endorsement of that site or its products or advertisements by Home Savings Bank.
Here are some important and simple ways to protect yourself:
- NEVER disclose your password and Access ID to anyone–including Home Savings Bank associates. No representative from Home Savings Bank will ever call you and ask for your password or Access ID.
- Memorize your ID and password. Avoid writing them down and leaving them next to your computer or on an unprotected data file where someone could find them. If you believe your password has been compromised, you should either change it immediately or contact Home Savings Bank for assistance.
- Change your password at least every six months. By changing your password regularly you decrease the chance that an unauthorized person will have the current password.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple sites. Using different passwords for different sites helps reduce the risk if an unauthorized person learns a single password.
- Always exit your Home Savings Bank online banking session by closing your browser before leaving your computer, even for a short time, especially if others share your computer or have access to it. If you don't, an unauthorized person may be able to use your computer to conduct transactions without your permission.
- Avoid downloading software from unknown or untrustworthy sources, whether from the Internet or e-mail. Doing so increases the chance that a malicious code or computer virus could be installed, enabling unauthorized third parties to access your computer and gather data without your permission and knowledge.
- Install anti-virus software and keep the virus data files current. You can find an extensive explanation about viruses at the websites of several software manufacturers that distribute anti-virus software. Home Savings Bank does not make anti-virus software recommendations, and this information is provided only as a service. This software is not controlled or hosted by Home Savings Bank and therefore we cannot guarantee the results.
- Install and use additional personal computer security products. There are a number of free or low-cost products available such as personal firewall, anti-spyware and anti-adware software. These products can help protect your private information and your computer from the growing number of increasingly sophisticated internet based threats.